An essay is a writing piece usually based from the author’s personal viewpoint. In an essay, how to write clearly can be helpful as the definition of an essay can be fuzzy oftentimes overlapping with how an article or a short story is defined.
Learning how to write an essay
need not be exasperating. Here are some simple techniques to learn the process easily and be able to write an essay clearly:
- The essay writing process begins with research. You have to gather enough materials for your essay, how to write it will come after.
- Think of your thesis statement and build your essay around it. Analyze the materials that you have gathered and from them, get those that are relevant to your thesis statement.
- Make an outline of your essay. How to write it will depend on your outline as it shall serve as the backbone.
- With your outline, you are now ready to write the essay. Organize your materials and group them according to the outline that you have made.
- Write your introduction and the paragraphs that support your thesis statement. In a five paragraph essay, the first paragraph goes to the introduction, the last paragraph to the conclusion, and the three paragraphs in between make the body of the essay.
- Review your essay and ensure that you have gotten rid of flaws such as grammar, spelling, logic, and cohesion.
To write an essay can be very tiresome but the fulfillment one gets after being able to express one’s ideas remains to be incomparable.