Get expert help with research and writing on topics of psychology
Hire individualized custom writing service for psychology essays, research papers, reviews, case studies, reports, term papers, and thesis. Get individualized guiding and consultations from professional writers specializing in psychology and having practical experience in therapy and counseling.
Features of a quality psychology research paper
If you are looking for a good custom essay writing service for your psychology paper, you need to make sure that the paper meets the standards of quality, including:
- be to the point: discuss only relevant information, no repetitions, inappropriate or redundant info;
- be evidence-based: the paper should present knowledge of basics on psychology along with the newest research obtained from articles published in reputable academic journals;
- be properly referenced: every idea that is not personal reflection or analysis should be referenced by an in-text citation to the original source;
- contain analysis, including comparisons, critical approach, evaluation of theories, application of knowledge to cases, cons and pros of particular methods and strategies;
- display thorough understanding of the topic: the writers should not merely paraphrase sources found on the internet. They should have the necessary education in the field of psychology to produce well-thought intelligent arguments and analysis;
- cover all the points of the assignment: the writer should not just pick one interesting part of the task and ignore the rest. All the points of assignment are addressed. If the assignment has the recommended structure and word count on each section, it is closely followed;
- have the structure corresponding to the type of the paper: essay, research paper, case study, review, critique or report;
- be completely custom written from scratch and contain 0 plagiarism;
- be written by humans and contain no text copied from ChatGPT or other AI tools: all content written by AI tools is detectable. In fact, it is as easy to check if the paper was written by robots as it is to find plagiarism. Our papers are written by intelligent and qualified humans;
- be formatted according to specific citation style (most often APA or Harvard).
If you order your paper from us, you will get a high-quality work that satisfies all these requirements.
Personal Writer will deliver a custom psychology research paper for you
Orders on psychology cannot be done just by any writer. They require a student of psychology who is well-versed in major theories and approaches to counseling, knowledgeable and experienced about the application of psychotherapeutic techniques. This writer needs to have hands-on experience in psychotherapy to be able to analyze cases, suggest interventions, review case studies. Also, a solid theoretical base is required to be able to scrutinize the latest research on psychology and evaluate its effects on the current field of knowledge.
Personal-Writer.com is a professional academic essay and research paper writing service. We have five writers on our team who specialize in psychology and counseling, and they have made more than 100 orders on topic. Send us an inquiry on your topic, and get Your Personal Writer to work for you!
Essays and research papers on psychology
Students of psychology often get surprised at the amount of writing they need to do for their psychology class. In an average class, you will have to write many papers ranging from essays and literature reviews to case studies. If you are in a general psychology class and your teacher told you to pick the topic yourself, it makes sense first to select a particular branch of psychology that you might want to explore more. Here we present some of possible psychology research paper topics that we have written over the years categorized into branches of psychology.
Topics of psychology research papers
For the last 18 years, we have written hundreds of papers on psychology. We have completed written assignments from top psychology programs around the world, including universities and colleges in the US, UK, Australia, Canada, and Hong Kong. Here we present some of the topics that we came across and enjoyed writing about.
Research paper topics on social psychology
- Stereotypes, prejudice, and discrimination (homophobia, sexism, racism)
- Social cognition
- Forming of attitudes, the impact of attitudes on cognition and behavior
- Persuasion and marketing
- Conformity and obedience
- Social norms and attitudes
- Influence of culture on beliefs, cognition, and emotions
- Non-verbal communication
- Prosocial behavior
- Group dynamic
- Intergroup biases
- Bystander effect
- Compassion and Empathy
- Happiness, attraction, and love
Cognitive psychology research topics
- Attention, selective attention
- Perception and processing of information
- Cognitive biases. Biases are essential tools for our mind that tries to single out patterns out of the chaos of stimuli. In the process of this pattern recognition, we rely on our previous experiences. In this way, we form a model of the world inside our mind and try to fit the next stimulus we get into the already existing category of this model. While this is a sneaky way not to get overwhelmed by information and make sense of this world, sometimes such strategy leads to errors of perception and interpretation. Moreover, often we can become victims of manipulation of marketers and propagandists who know all these biases and employ them to their benefit. Therefore it makes sense to be aware of the ways our minds can trick us into seeing a narrower picture of reality. Some of the most common biases are confirmation bias, backfire effect, self-serving bias, availability heuristic, congruence bias, expectation bias, selective perception, ostrich effect, subjective validation, confabulation, gambler’s fallacy, anthropomorphism, authority bias, placebo effect, halo effect, and many others - you cannot imagine how biased every one of us is!
- Judgment: belief bias, the law of triviality, less-is-better effect, information bias, ambiguity bias, choice-supportive bias, selective perception, confirmation bias, observer bias, congruence bias, etc.
- Memory, false memories, deja vu, sneaky familiarity, and amnesias. This topic includes some of the interesting psychological phenomena as tip-of-the-tongue phenomenon, Google effect, levels-of-processing effect, recency effect, primacy effect, memory inhibition, duration neglect, spacing effect, suggestibility, priming, cryptomnesia, source confusion, misattribution of memory)
- Speech disorders
- Cognitive development
- Sleep and dreams
- Learning, consolidation of memories
- Stereotypes (negativity bias, prejudice, implicit stereotypes, implicit associations, fading effect bias)
Topics on developmental psychology
- Prenatal development
- Parenting styles and theory of attachment (secure, avoidant, ambivalent and disorganized attachment).
- Stages of development. Cognitive development (Jean Piaget’s model, Vygotsky)
- Impact of media violence on children
- Impact of bullying on the victim and the bully
- Theory of mind and empathy
- Language acquisition
- Impact of child abuse on cognitive and emotional development
- Gender roles
- Learning disabilities
- Aging process: why we age, how we age, and how we change with it
Research paper topics on psychological disorders and diagnosis
- Anxiety disorders and panic attackas
- Phobic disorders (mysophobia, xenophobia, aviophobia, social phobia, agoraphobia)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorders
- Dissociative disorders: dissociative amnesia, dissociative fugue, dissociative identity disorders, or multiple personality disorder.
- Depression, causes, contributing factors and types of depression, treatments of depression.
- Bipolar disorders
- Eating disorders
- Seasonal affective disorder
- Personality disorders: Odd/eccentric group includes schizoid, paranoid, schizotypal; dramatic/emotional disorders include narcissistic, histrionic, borderline; anxious/fearful include avoidant, dependent and clingy, obsessive.
- Borderline personality disorder
- Schizophrenia: symptoms, types of schizophrenia, genetic and environmental factors contributing to the disease.
- Antisocial personality disorders (sociopaths and psychopaths)
Research paper topics on psychotherapy and counseling
- Major schools of psychotherapy
- Insight therapies: psychoanalysis (Freud), Carl Jung’s insights, modern psychoanalysis, object-relations theory, self psychology, relational psychoanalysis. Adlerian therapy
- Humanistic therapies: existential therapy, person-centered therapy of Carl Rogers, Gestalt Therapy
- Cognitive-behavioral therapies: modern and classical, or radical behaviorism (B.F.Skinner), Albert Bandura’s theory of social modeling and self-efficacy, Arnold Lazarus’s multimodal therapy. Cognitive therapies: Robert Ellis’ Rational emotive behavior therapy, Aaron Becks’ Cognitive therapy, Donald Meichenbaum’s Cognitive behavior modification.
- Reality therapy
- Feminist therapies
- Postmodern approaches: social constructionism, solution-focused brief therapy, narrative therapy.
- Family systems therapy, psychotherapy from the systems theory approach.
- Integrative approach to psychotherapy
- Modern eclectic approaches of combining techniques from different therapies
- Working with resistant and involuntary clients
- Group work, group psychotherapy, and group counseling
- Counseling for social workers and educators.
- Application of technology in psychotherapy: working with apps, online applications, and websites
- Enhancing therapeutic work with app-based homework and symptom management tools
- Multicultural counseling competency
- Forms of counseling: individual, couple, family and group counseling
- Ethical questions in counseling
- Biological and drug interventions
- Disorder case study: analyze symptoms of a patient and suggest a treatment plan
If you need a paper on any of the above mentioned topics, you can go ahead and post your order. Within 12 years of our work in custom writing business, we have completed assignments on all of these topics. Below is the list of our quality standards regarding psychology research papers.
The field of psychology
Psychology is a fascinating science, as it studies human nature. So being a psychology student, you will have a cool opportunity to gain more insight about you, your friends, your relatives. You will be able to appreciate the complexity of the human mind and develop more compassion and empathy towards people. Psychology covers anything from the mechanisms of cognition to psychopathology, with academic tasks ranging from essays to case studies on counseling specific patients. Many people when hearing word “psychology” picture in mind Sigmund Freud and neurosis, but Freud’s psychoanalysis is indeed but one among many theories in psychotherapy field with many more fascinating insights and approaches to counseling and healing developed during the last half of 20th century. Psychotherapy, in its turn, is only one area of psychological study concerned with helping people manage their problems, conflicts, impasses, or attain a greater understanding of the dynamics of one’s psyche. Therapy is only one branch of psychology. In fact, most psychologists are not working in counseling, they are conducting experiments to get more insight into human nature.
Branches of psychology
For example, there is cognitive psychology, concerned with the process of cognition, learning, memory, and processing of information. Its goal is to answer a question: who do we cognize the world around us? Is our perception a mirror of reality, or cognitive construct with only some approximation? How do we process information? Why an understanding of one person is different from that of another person. How one’s previous experience influence one’s perception, processing, and interpretation of stimuli?
There is another field of psychology called social psychology; it explores how social context and other people impact our thoughts, emotions, cognitions, and behavior. If you have heard of Stanford prison experiment or Milgram obedience studies, these are social psychology studies. Social psychology explores topics of independence and conformity, group dynamics, stereotypes and biases, persuasion, bystander effect, aggression, compassion, empathy, and attraction. It tries to figure out why people behave the way they do and what their social environment has to do about it.
There is also developmental psychology concerned with the factors that influence the development of a child. It tried to figure out what happens to the child before birth and what factors affect its development, how parenting styles and child abuse influence cognitive, psychological and mental development, the impact of media violence on the psyche, how language acquisition mechanism work and what happens to human mind while aging.
Neuropsychology studies the impact of brain function on cognition, emotion, and behavior. It looks into chemical balances, neurotransmitters, brain factors function, organic processes and pathologies in the brain, molecular mechanisms of perception and action. A neuropsychologist is the one who tries to find the seat of consciousness in the brain, or center of happiness, satisfaction, willpower, fears, etc. Some of these areas have been localized, and particular groups of neurons communicating via specific neurotransmitters have been singled out as responsible for certain behaviors and emotions.
And of course, there is also psychotherapy and counseling. This field of psychology aims to help people deal with their behavioral, cognitive and emotional problems. It is applied psychology that can be practiced by medical professionals, counselors, educators, facilitators of support groups and self-help communities. Psychotherapists usually have a background in one or more theoretical approaches, which can be psychoanalysis, Adlerian therapy, existential therapy, humanistic therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, reality therapy, Gestalt therapy, family therapy, post-modernist and feminist approaches to counseling. Research papers in psychotherapy usually involve critical evaluation of different approaches to therapy, case studies of particular disorders, reviews of clinical studies and research on treating specific problems.